How can I get support from Children and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)?

A good first step is to talk to your parents or carers. You may want to talk to a professional who knows you well. This might be your teacher, social worker or GP. They will be able to advise you about possible courses of action, signpost to where you can get some specialist advice  and will  be able to refer you directly to CAMHS should that prove necessary.

In many cases a referral to CAMHS will not be necessary and the professional will be able to offer advice, treatment or tell you about other services that may be able to help you.

If you think that you need help with your emotional or mental health needs, please seek help as soon as possible.

Where the service is provided

Services are provided mainly in a clinic setting. But some young people are seen in satellite clinics, school, the home environment, GPs surgeries, and Children's centres.

CAMHS services are located across Lancashire. You can contact us either by phone, or by writing to the following:

Chorley & South Ribble CAMHS

Shawbrook House
Balcarres Road
PR25 3ED
Tel: 01772 644644
  Directions to: Shawbrook House

 Ross Centre Photo

Fylde & Wyre CAMHS

Whitegate Drive Health Centre
Whitegate Drive
Tel: 01253 957166

 Whitegate Drive Health Centre Photo

Lancaster & Morecambe CAMHS

Ross Centre
Euston Road
Tel: 01524 550650

Ellen House Image

  Preston CAMHS

Ellen House
1-3 Ellen Court
Tel: 01772 777344
Directions to: Ellen House

Westgate House Image

West Lancashire CAMHS

  Westgate House
Hillside Health Centre
Tanhouse Road 
Tel: 01695 684262
Directions to: Westgate House




See also: