Our latest CQC inspection rating
CQC Re - Inspection 2016
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) undertook a comprehensive inspection of the Trust throughout September 2016. This is an important part of providing assurance to the public and our stakeholders that the standards of quality and safety are being provided across our Trust.
Initial observations have highlighted that whilst there were some areas that required the Trust to take action, the CQC also highlighted the following areas of good practice:
- In the older persons community team there was good work done with the Care Home Effective Support Service supporting older people in care homes with healthcare needs
- The was some very good innovative work being completed around environmental changes in the older persons inpatient wards
- Staff in all professional groups were enthusiastically supporting the introduction of the EPMA system roll out.
- Several of the clinical areas were embedding the use of the ward dashboard/nerve center information into their governance processes
- The trust governance structure was maturing and staff at all levels were able to describe how this related to their work
- Trust staff were very supporting of the training provided to them from the academy
The full CQC report will be available towards the end of 2016. In the meantime, please follow this link to view some of the innovative practice that continues to take place across the Trust.