Healthy Leg Clinics
Healthy Legs is a multi-disciplinary specialist service which includes podiatrists and vascular nurses who can provide information and support on most aspects of good leg care. During the session you will have time to discuss your concerns over a cup of tea in a relaxed environment.
You will be asked to fill in a simple form and may have a short wait until one of our nurses becomes available.
What to expect
If you require an assessment of your circulation, this will be fully explained to you. During the assessment, we will need to get to your upper arms and lower legs, so we would appreciate if you could wear suitable clothing. If we think you will benefit from support stockings we will prescribe them for you following testing and an assessment.
If we need to refer you to another service this can also be arranged by us.
Within the philosophy of care, the specialist nurses aim to;
- Provide a high standard of care for all those attending
- Operate a partnership with GPs, practice nurses, community nurses, podiatrists consultants and voluntary agencies
- Ensure each patient is treated as an individual and with dignity and respect in a relaxed and informal environment
- Teach patients how to care for their legs to avoid problems in the future
- Treatments delivered will be up to date and based on current research
How can I access the service?
The clinic is a drop-in only and no appointments can be made
- The service works on a first come first served basis and there may be a wait before being seen.
- On occasions the clinic may be full and unfortunately you may not be able to be seen on that day, however, a brief triage will be undertaken to determine the urgency of your referral.
- The clinics do not operate on bank holidays.
The Clinic runs Tuesday and Thursdays - 1.00pm till 4.00pm (Last patient 3.15pm)
The Clinic is held at:
Spring Bank Court, Spring Bank Terrace, Mill Hill, Blackburn, BB2 4GU
The clinic is for:
- Assessment of the legs /feet for those aged 16 years and over.
- Due to the non-clinical environment patients with any leg wounds (e.g. wet or weeping), cannot be seen and should therefore attend the treatment room with these issues.
At the clinic:
- You will be expected to complete a questionnaire so bring reading glasses if necessary.
- Bring a list of all your current medication.
- Assessments may last for up to 45minutes and therefore there may be a long wait to be seen.
- We have a Zero Tolerance policy towards violence in the workplace, therefore, any violence or abuse directed at NHS staff by patients, relatives or members of the public is unacceptable.
Patient Information Leaflets
With our leaflets we aim to give you information about the Trust in general, our services and treatments, and to provide useful information for service users and their carers.