Children & Families Health Service Immunisation Team
The immunisation team is responsible for the planning and delivery of all school based immunisation programmes. This is according to National campaigns and the childhood immunisation schedule.
The vaccinations programmes are primarily carried out in school based settings, although these can also be offered in other community settings depending on individual need.
The immunisation team works across the whole of the Children & Families Health Service and is divided into two smaller teams; Central Lancashire & East/Blackburn with Darwen. Each hub is responsible for offering vaccinations in a specific geographical area.
The team also provides expert advice to children and families, other professionals and schools regarding immunisation and vaccination issues.
Our 0-19 team runs the National Immunisation Programme for secondary schools. This includes:
- The HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) vaccine for 12-13 year old girls, dose 1 in year 8 and dose 2 in year 9.
- The DTP (diphtheria, tetanus and polio) final school booster for 14-15 year old girls and boys, year 10
- Meningitis ACWY vaccine for 14-15 year old girls and boys, given at the same time as the DTP vaccine in year 10
Consent forms and information leaflets are sent out via your child's school at the appropriate time. Young people in secondary school who are assessed as competent by nurses can legally self consent for any immunisation.
The nurse will check the consent form and ensure your child is well and able to have their immunisations that day. If your child is unwell or absent we will arrange another session in school.
- East Lancashire/Blackburn with Darwen - 01282 628405
- Central Lancashire - 01772 644499
- NHS Vaccination Schedule
- More Information about the HPV cervical cancer vaccine
- More information about the DTP booster
- Parents letter regarding Tetanus, Diphtheria & Tetanus (Td/IPV) & Meningitis ACWY Immunisations
- Immunisations for Young People leaflet- Your questions answered about the HPV, Td/IPV and Men ACWY vaccinations
Tetanus, Diphtheria and Polio
Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
Patient Information Leaflets
With our leaflets we aim to give you information about the Trust in general, our services and treatments, and to provide useful information for service users and their carers.