Library and Information Service
The Library and Information Service is here to support Evidence Based Practice within the Trust, connecting you with high quality information to assist you in providing the best services possible to our service users.
The Library and Information Service is available to all staff and students at Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust no matter where in the Trust you are based.
The Library provides:
- A multidisciplinary collection of books covering all clinical disciplines of relevance to the Trust.
- A space for agile working or study with access to six PCs.
- Athens passwords to access all the online resources.
- A suite of online journals, e-books and medical databases available at your desktop.
- A literature searching service to help you find the evidence.
- Training on using library resources, literature searching and critical appraisal.
- Current awareness services to keep you up-to-date.
- An Outreach Librarian service to support you in your work.
To register with the Library please follow this link to fill out and sign the registration form and return it to us either by post or email at the address below.
The Library is based at the Lantern Centre in Preston and is staffed between 9am and 4.30pm Monday to Friday.
If you are a member of staff please visit the Library and Information Service site on TrustNet for further information and links to all our services.
If you are a member of the public or are working from home, please visit the Lancashire Care Library Blog which can be accessed from anywhere in the world.
Hear what Paul Bibby, Executive Assistant to the Director of Strategy and Transformation, has to say about our Library service:
Clare Berry tells us how the Library Services have helped her undertake an educational course
Joanne Inman talks about how using the Library has had an impact on delivery of patient services and how Library services has assisted her while doing her PhD.