Medicines Management Team
The Medicines Management Team within Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust (LCFT) provides a comprehensive medicines management service across all the networks and localities. The team led by Chief Pharmacist and Accountable Officer, Dr Sonia Ramdour, comprises of a combination of Pharmacists, Clinical Medicines Management Technicians and Medicines Management Nurses providing expert advice and support in all aspects of medicines management within the Trust. We also work closely with other organisations to promote the safe and effective use of medication across the wider health economy.
The team is managed in localities and provides clinical pharmacy support to both inpatients and community settings and also has independent pharmacist prescribers working in a variety of services across networks. The locality lead pharmacists also take a network lead supporting the safe management of medicines across the organisation.
As a team we welcome queries regarding medication and are available to provide information regarding any aspect of medication to healthcare professionals from any setting, Service Users and Carers.
|Please contact the team using the following numbers:|
|Central Lancashire||01772 406644|
|East Lancashire||01254 226116|
|North Lancashire||01253 303698|
Know your medicines, know your choices!
The Choice and Medication© website offers patient information about mental health conditions and the treatment options available to help make informed decisions about choosing the right medication:
- Produced and maintained by national experts
- Answers to the most commonly asked questions about mental health medicines
- Complete information in one place about your mental health condition
- User-friendly printable leaflets to help you understand treatment options
- Compares side effects for all mental health medication available
- Avatars available to speak medicine information to you
- Medicine leaflets available in a variety of popular languages
For more information please visit www.choiceandmedication.org/lancashirecaretrust/
- Formulary Status for Psychotropic Medication in LCFT
- Formulary Status for Psychotropic Medication in Primary Care
- Antibiotic Formulary
- For other physical health drugs, the trust follows the formulary accessible on the Lancashire Medicines Management Group website