Contact the Research Team
The Research department can be contacted on 01772 773498 or firstname.lastname@example.org (for general R&D enquiries and research submissions) or email@example.com (for clinical enquiries and referrals)
The main aims of the Research Department at LCFT are to:
- Deliver Research opportunities - in order to benefit the needs of Lancashire Care service users
- Govern research projects i.e. ensure all projects are safe and of high quality, are feasible to take place in the Trust and will benefit the Trust
- Provide advice to researchers both external and internal to the Trust. With regards to submitting for Trust permission or any other queries regarding submission and ethics
- Increase the amount of research projects carried out in the Trust by actively approaching the local research networks and the research national portfolio database to assess if we are able to become a research site. This provides our services with an opportunity to take part in a wider range of national high quality research, which can make a positive difference to their service users and carers
- Increase the number of participants into research studies making sure that every service user and carer has the opportunity to take part in research in the Trust. We are doing this by promoting the benefits and importance of research to the services so they will assist with the recruitment into studies
- Reducing set up times for projects making it easier for researchers to carry out research in the Trust and therefore attracting high quality research from industry and across the country
- Increase the amount of Grant funding applications that are submitted for research funding and assisting Trust researchers with this process
- Provide leadership for staff wishing to transform innovative ideas into viable propositions that will make a positive difference to service user’s lives.
- Bring in Research ideas from outside bodies and adapt them to LCFT's requirements
- Work with third parties to develop innovative services and products
The Trust participates in NIHR portfolio research (i.e. high quality, competitively funded research) and student research predominantly .
If you have a Research idea we would love to hear from you.