School Nursing Service
The School Nurse service is available for any child, young person and their family aged 4 - 19 years.
School Nurses work in collaboration with schools, GP’ s youth services and many other community services to support the needs of children, young people and their families
Every school has a named School Nurse .You can ask the School Nurse anything: if they can’t help you they will try and find someone who can. The School Nurse can also listen to you if you are worried about being hurt by someone you know or who lives with you.
What we do?
- We work in Close Partnership with other organisations as well as Health and Education such as Children’s and Young Peoples Services, Private and Voluntary Organisations.
- We undertake Health Assessments for Looked After Children and referrals as appropriate.
- We offer support, advice and guidance to other professionals and parents on a variety of topics to do with health and wellbeing.
- We have a key role in Safeguarding vulnerable children and young people including children and young people who have special needs and who have been excluded from mainstream education.
- We offer training to staff and parents on how to manage specific health needs in school.
- We offer first level support in Child and Adolescent Mental Health issues and refer on as necessary.
- We have a key role in Public Health and contribute to the local and national programmes such supporting smoking cessation, tackling obesity, reducing teenage pregnancies, delivering immunisation programmes and much more...
Where are they based?
There are 22 integrated children and family health teams who are based across Lancashire
How you get an appointment?
You can telephone the School Nursing team to get an appointment or you can get more information from Schools, GP and Youth services.
The School Nursing service also offers a School Nurse messaging service which gives access to confidential health advice for young people aged 11-19 years within 1 working day. This can be accessed by texting 07507330509 for any students who live in Blackburn & Darwen and 07507330510 for students who live in any other area of Lancashire.
Contact your local team
Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, Hyndburn and Ribble Valley
Burnley Central Team
St Peter's HC, Church St, Burnley BB11 2DL
Tel: 01282 628 349
Burnley East Team
The Chai Centre, Hurtley St, Burnley BB10 1PD
Tel: 01282 628 267
Burnley West Team
The Fold, 2-8 Venice Avenue, Burnley BB11 5JX
Tel: 01282 628 660
Pendle North Team
Colne Children’s Centre, , 1st Floor, Walton Street, Colne BB8 0EL
Tel: 01282 628 067/8
Pendle South Team
Yarnspinners Health Centre, Carr Road, Nelson BB9 7SR
Tel: 01282 628 471
Rossendale East Team
Bacup Health Centre, Irwell Mill
Rochdale Road, Bacup 0L13 9NR
Tel: 01282 628 260
Hyndburn South/Rossendale West Team
Dearden House, 16 Deardengate, Haslingden, Rossendale BB4 5QJ
Tel: 01282 628 620
Hyndburn Central Team
2nd Floor, The Mount, Whalley Road, Accrington, BB5 5DE
Tel: 01254 283 960
Ribble Valley Team
Pimlico Road, Clitheroe, BB7 2BL
Tel: 01254 283 961
Central & West Lancashire
Fulwood Clinic (Fulwood, Ingol), 4 Lytham Road, Fulwood, Preston PR2 8JB
Tel: 01772 777235
Ribbleton Clinic (Ribbleton, Longridge), Langden Drive, Ribbleton, Preston PR2 6HT
Tel: 01772 777461
Avenham Health Centre (Avenham, Saul St), Avenham Lane, Preston PR1 3RG
Tel: 01772 777269
South Ribble East
Bamber Bridge, Bamber Bridge Clinic (Bamber Bridge, Clayton Brook, Walton-Le-Dale), School Lane, Bamber Bridge, Preston PR5 6QE
Tel: 01772 644176
Chorley Health Centre (Chorley, Withnell), Collison Avenue, Chorley PR7 2TH
Tel: 01772 644706
South Ribble West
Yewlands Drive Clinic (Leyland, Euxton), Yewlands Drive, Leyland PR25 2EB
Tel: 01772 644114
West Lancashire East
Ashurst Health Centre (Ashurst, Birley Wood), Lulworth, Ashurst, Skelmersdale WN8 6QS
West Lancashire West
Hants Lane Clinic (Hants Lane, Sandy Lane, Burscough), Hants Lane, Ormskirk L39 1PX
Tel: 01695 684235
Coppull Clinic (Coppull, Tarleton, Eccleston, Adlington), 2 Springfield Road, Coppull, Chorley PR7 5EJ
Blackburn with Darwen
Darwen and Rural Team
Darwen Children’s Centre, Lord Street, Darwen, BB3 0HD
Tel: 01254 283 490
Blackburn East Team
Audley Children’s Centre, 185-187 Pringle Street, Blackburn, BB1 1SF
Tel: 01254 283 699
Blackburn West Team
Higher Croft Children’s Centre, Fishmoor Drive, Blackburn, BB2 3UY
Tel: 01254 283 030
Blackburn North Team
Little Harwood Children’s Centre, Robinson Street, Blackburn, BB1 5PE
Tel: 01254 283 060