Special Needs School Nursing Service
Special Needs School Nursing ServiceThe special needs school nursing service exists to provide skilled evidence based care to all special needs children and their families in the special school settings, providing support for the parents, carers and school staff in meeting the health needs of children with complex needs
- Providing holistic care for all children with special needs registered to a special school
- Supporting special school staff by providing appropriate training around specific nursing needs and tasks.
- Working in partnership with other agencies statutory, private and voluntary sectors in order to meet the complex health needs of children registered to a special school and their families throughout East Lancs.
- To promote social inclusion with children at special school for families that through disability find themselves disadvantaged.
- Acting as key worker for children registered at special school and their families
- To identify those children who are at risk of being harmed either physically or emotionally and act accordingly in line with child protection policy.
- To contribute to the Common Assessment Framework and Team around the Child process to ensure that children’s additional and safeguarding needs are fully identified and communicatedTo identify those children who are at risk of being harmed either physically or emotionally and act accordingly in line with child protection policy.
- To contribute to the Common Assessment Framework and Team around the Child process to ensure that children’s additional and safeguarding needs are fully identified and communicated
How to access the serviceAll Children Attending One Of The 12 Special Needs Schools Will Have Access To The Special Needs School Nursing Service. There is no referral process.
Care pathways include
- Entry into school
- Care planning
- Condition specific
- Discharge /Transition Planning
Where the service is providedThe service is provided in the special needs schools as listed below;
- Pendle Community High School and College – Oxford Road, Nelson
- Pendle View Primary – Gibfield Road, Colne
- Ridgewood Community High School – Eastern Avenue, Burnley
- Hollygrove School – Barden Lane, Burnley
- White Ash – Thwaites Road, Oswaldtwistle
- Broadfield – Fielding Lane, Oswaldtwistle
- Newfield - Blackburn
- Sir Tom Finney – Blackpool Road, Preston
- Acorns – Blackpool Road, Preston
- Coppice – Ash Grove, Bamber Bridge
- Mayfield- Gloucester Road, Chorley
How to contact usClinical Lead – Julie Brannon
Tel - 07932 802414
e-mail - Julie.email@example.com
I am available Mon – Fri 08.30 – 17.00
Patient Information Leaflets
With our leaflets we aim to give you information about the Trust in general, our services and treatments, and to provide useful information for service users and their carers.