Chronic Care Co-ordination Service -
Southport & Formby
We offer patients discharged from hospital, with long term conditions and or a high risk of re-admission into hospital, a 5 week pathway post discharge.
The Chronic care team is made up of experienced nurses, who work closely with the GP, community matrons and other community services. We offer:
- Health reviews via telephone consultations and home visits.
- Medication advice and support.
- Support and advice on social care issues.
- Referral to other services as appropriate.
- Symptom advice, enabling patients and their families/carers to recognise the early signs, symptoms and changes in health that indicate prompt action is required by them.
- A clear and robust process to follow in seeking prompt advice and assessment at the time needed.
- Patients are encouraged to call the Chronic care team if they become unwell or need advice so that they can be signposted correctly.
How to access the service
Referrals are currently generated from Southport hospital.
Patients are identified by using the Lace tool, ward staff send over the discharge summary and lace tool.
We also accept patients from GP surgeries whom the GP thinks would benefit from our service.
All patients that have had access to our service are given our telephone number and informed they can call us at any point in the future with any concerns.
We currently operate Mon-Fri 8am - 6pm.
Where we are based
Chronic Care Co-ordination Service
5, Curzon Road
Telephone number: 01704387264 (Answer phone out of hours)
Fax Number: 01704387699
Useful Telephone Numbers West Lancashire:
Social Services - 0845 053 0009
Help Direct - 0303 3331111
West Lancs Health Centre - 01695 588800
Walk in Centre (Skelmersdale) - 01695 588640
Hants Lane District Nurses - 01695 588588
Sandy Lane District Nurses - 01695 732927
Tarleton District Nurses - 01772 325182
Community Matron - 01695 588 591
Useful Telephone Numbers Sefton:
Social Services - 0845 1400845
Walk in Centre (Litherland Town Hall) - 0151 4754667
Formby District Nurses - 01704 835513
Churchtown District Nurses - 01704 215480/ 214238
Ainsdale District Nurses - 01704 387135/ 387134
Curzon Road District Nurses - 01704 387107/387105
Community Matrons - 01704 387 255