Musculoskeletal (MSK) Service
The Musculoskeletal (MSK) service is a specialist assessment, diagnosis and treatment service run by highly skilled, specialist Physiotherapists called Extended Scope Practitioners (ESPs).
The aim of the service is to provide a comprehensive assessment and diagnosis while working closely with you to develop an agreed ongoing management plan.
You may be referred into the service if you:
- have a complex condition
- have an uncertain diagnosis
- previous physiotherapy or other interventions have been unsuccessful
- require a joint or soft tissue injection
- require investigations (e.g. x-ray, MRI scan or blood tests)
- may be a candidate for surgery and require an expert assessment and discussion on whether this is the right option for you.
Following the appointment with your ESP there are numerous possible outcomes however some common examples include:
- onward referral to another aspect of Central Lancashire Moving Well e.g. Physiotherapy, Group Rehabilitation Class, Pain Services or Rheumatology.
- injection delivered by one of our highly skilled clinicians
- discharge with self-management programme
- referral for imaging with a follow up booked in to review the findings
- onward referral to another service outside of Central Lancashire Moving Well
- signposting to voluntary or third sector organisations