Complex Packages of Care Team (CPOC)
Following assessment the CPOC team may be commissioned to deliver care to an individual child and provide care and support as identified in the Health Needs Assessment.
The team provides support to children who have been identified as requiring an individual package of care to support them and their complex health needs.
The children and family are involved in developing the child’s individual care plan. The package manager and lead nurse work alongside the child and family together.
All our complex packages of care staff are trained & skilled in meeting children’s complex health needs. They include qualified nurses and skilled, trained health care support workers. The training includes all practical and theoretical aspects of training such as tracheostomy & ventilation management.
The package of care may include:
- Delivering care as identified during assessment following protocols and procedures and individual holistic approach to care for the child and their family
- Supporting the parents in caring for their child
- Supply and maintenance of medical devices and/or consumables
- Working closely in partnership with other professionals and agencies
- Giving continuity and flexibility to families
The time and support provided is based on the individual child’s needs. Ongoing support can be provided and the team can also be contacted by phone.