Stress Control Information
Stress control is a FREE 6 week course that will help you learn how to manage stress
We will teach you how to reduce common stress-related problems including: anxiety and worry, low mood, panic, poor sleep and loss of confidence. Stress Control combines stress management with Mindfulness and Positive Psychology strategies to boost wellbeing.
The course is based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) techniques. Each session will look at a different aspect of stress and link together to help you become your own therapist!
Stress Control is not a therapy group and you won’t be asked to talk in front of other people. This allows people who feel uncomfortable talking in front of others to attend without any concerns. Classes are supported by slideshow presentations, online hand-outs (paper copies available upon request), video, audio and relaxation and mindfulness tracks.
Sessions (usually weekly) last for 90 minutes with a 10 minute break.
Session 1: What Is Stress?
Session 2: Controlling Your Body
Session 3: Controlling Your Thoughts
Session 4: Controlling Your Actions
Session 5: Controlling Panic Feelings and Getting a Good Night’s Sleep
Session 6: Wellbeing and Controlling the Future
Stress Control could help you if:
- You want to learn more about your problem without having to share what’s going on
- You want to discover the range of techniques that might be able to help you – the course covers lots of strategies!
- You want to find out about what can be helpful in managing stress, anxiety or depression
- You’ve never had any treatment before - it’s a great starting place You want to see how many other people might be feeling just like you
- You want to start tackling your problems quickly