Goal Difference is an 8-week interactive group therapy programme for men living with depression, low mood and anxiety. On the course you will learn to understand your thoughts, learn new coping strategies and develop assertive skills. You will also learn how to think more positively, learn to improve your mood, learn to manage your anxiety and, alongside making new friends, you will work as a team to support one and other.
Goal Difference has received positive responses and powerful insights about the programme:
- “Goal Difference has been very good for me and has helped me become more aware of what drives my thoughts, worries, feelings and behaviours.”
- “All staff were very enthusiastic and knowledgeable which really helped me think I could get better.”
- “I enjoyed the course and felt it was relevant to the problems I had experienced. I now feel better equipped to deal with these problems and any future problems as a result of the processes I learnt on the Goal Difference course.”
- “Goal Difference was a great experience and would recommend it to anyone in the dark place I was in.”
- “It has really helped my understanding of my own problems.”
- “I found this course very helpful for me to recognise anxiety and better ways of dealing with it.”
- “I have found Goal Difference to be very useful as it gives added structure to my weekly routine whilst providing useful strategies for future progress.”
- “Goal Difference was very helpful. At first I was very nervous but as the weeks went by I got involved more and more and I was very happy to be part of a great team at the sessions. I have enjoyed my time on the course very much.”
- “I thought Goal Difference was really helpful and the therapists helped me realise my difficulties and put things into perspective.”
- “When I started Goal difference I was going through a tough time. I was considering suicide but the staff and the course saved me. I feel so much better now and I see a future."