Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust have launched their People’s Choice Award as part of their annual Staff Awards celebrations, to recognise health professionals who go above and beyond to provide excellent care to service users, their families and carers. This is the second year the category is being run, which is nominated and voted for entirely by members of the public. Voting is now open and will close on Friday 27 February 2015, with the winner announced at an awards ceremony in March.
The nominations were shortlisted by Heather Tierney-Moore, Chief Executive at Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust who said:"This is the second year the People’s Choice has run and we were thrilled at the number of nominations received this year. The standard was once again extremely high and this made the shortlisting process a difficult one but it was also very heart-warming to read the submissions from our service users, their family and carers about the amazing work our staff do on a daily basis.
“We are very proud of the high standard of work and focus our staff have on providing excellent, compassionate care to people who use our services. The awards provide an opportunity for us to acknowledge this work and we look forward to celebrating the outstanding achievements at the awards nights.”
The following people have been shortlisted for the award and it is up to you to decide who should win!
- Franc Ashcroft – Franc was nominated for his work as Project Manager at Grange Community Gardens in Preston, in particular his work with military veterans helping them find the confidence to manage their mental health problems, as well as working with local communities with the utmost enthusiasm and compassion for individuals.
- Dr James Hoy – James has been nominated for his work as a Psychologist in Blackpool, helping service users face and start to overcome their experiences, treating everyone as individuals and offering the highest in compassionate care, helping them to focus on improving their mental health and wellbeing and being able to look forward to a brighter future.
- Lynn Pinder – Lynn was nominated for her role as School Nurse in Penwortham, working extremely hard in the best interests of the children and families, going above and beyond and constantly striving for agencies to work together and putting systems in place in the schools to ensure they have all the correct and up to date necessary information.
- Beverley Walker – Beverley was nominated for her work as a Community Matron in Longridge, working with Older Adults and providing exceptional high quality compassionate care and continued to support to the patients and families she works with.
You can place your vote in the following ways:
- By telephone: 01772 695384
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Twitter: @LancashireCare
- On Facebook: www.facebook.com/LancashireCare.
To view full information about each nomination please visit www.lancashirecare.nhs.uk/Peoples-Choice-2015.