Physiotherapy - What We Do
The Children’s Physiotherapy Team provides support for children and young people (aged 0-19 years) who have a condition that affects their movement, posture or physical skills development.
The service is child/young person and family focussed. It aims to promote maximum independence and the ability of the child/young person to participate in family, school and social activities.
The Paediatric Physiotherapy service provides:
- Specialist advice on equipment and activities that can help the child or young person
- Activity programmes for the child/young person and their carer(s) to follow
- Episodes of treatment to achieve goals which are jointly set with the child/young person and their family around improving gross motor skills and function
The team have specialist knowledge in:
- Holistic child development
- The breadth of child specific medical conditions and disabilities
- The ability to recognise atypical development and offer a range of physiotherapy interventions and activities to improve gross motor skills and function
By ensuring the delivery of appropriate and timely information, advice, assessment, intervention and equipment provision, Paediatric Physiotherapists and Physiotherapy Assistants can reduce the risk of long term health problems for children.