The Positive Lifestyle Team
The positive Lifestyle Team is part of the Mental Health Network and covers the Central area of LCFT (Preston/Chorley and South Ribble). The team was developed to administer and monitor clinical treatment to service users with severe mental illness who are currently stable and do not require Care Coordination under CPA (are non-CPA). The team will provide physical health and wellbeing assessments as key to their working practice. Following assessments individuals will be sign-posted to appropriate services or offered interventions as available through the Positive Lifestyle Team (PLT). This may take the form of 1.1 or group work interventions around healthy living and wellbeing and physical health monitoring provided within clinics. Individuals will be reviewed following intervention.
Core hours will be Monday – Friday 09.00-17.00 hours; however some activities make take place outside of this time and some flexibility of working may be required.
The key tasks of the team are:-
- Administration and monitoring (as per LCFT policy) of antipsychotic depot medication for an identified and agreed group of patients. (Non CPA, service user must have a diagnosis identified as SMI and mental health must have been stable for at least 6 months). Service User needs to consent to referral into team.
- Monitoring of identified and agreed patients (as stated above) on oral antipsychotic medication.
- Initial Physical Health assessment using Rethink tool, Lunsers and MANSA (quality of life) assessment.
- Intervention (1-1 or group) as appropriate by team following assessment re advice and education on health and lifestyle, smoking, diet, exercise.
- Signposting regarding appropriate screenings (i.e. cervical screening and/or interventions not provided by PLT.)
- Liaise with Primary Care/GP’s regarding signposting and screenings plus ongoing monitoring.
- Review service user following intervention/referral/signposting.
- Positive Lifestyle practitioner will provide case management for service user but will not provide care co-ordination.
- Case management will be provided to all service users within the PLT; this will be a named Registered Mental Health Nurse.
Other main functions of the team are:-
- To promote social inclusion and forge strong links with primary care to enable swift action when further physical health screening/intervention required.
- To ensure physical health checks are completed and action as specified.
- To monitor mental state, medication concordance and intervene using evidence based interventions.
St Aiden’s Road