Work Experience at Lancashire Care
At Lancashire Care Foundation Trust we aim to offer a variety of work experience placements in both clinical and non-clinical areas. A work experience placement is your opportunity to spend a period of time outside the classroom, learning about a particular job or area of work.
More people in England work for the NHS than any other organisation. This doesn’t mean just doctors and nurses: it means healthcare assistants, business managers, clerical staff, domestics, engineers… Over 350 different careers, each with a vital role to play in delivering a first class health service.
Benefits to Work Experience
- Provide students with an insight in to Lancashire Care and the NHS as a whole.
- Insight into the reality of the working world.
- Enable students to meet Lancashire Care staff and discuss career options.
- Learn to build up an understanding of what we have to offer.
- Gain valuable experience in the workplace.
- Develop skills needed for your course work for school/ college.
- See the reality of a job role.
- Helps young people to mature and get an insight into what the working world looks like.
Frequently Asked Questions
These questions have been compiled from frequent queries we recieve. Please click on the question to reveal the answer.
What types of placements can I access?
We have a mixture of clinical and non-clinical placements across Lancashire. Please contact us to request a copy of our placement directory.
What tasks can the student get involved in?
Short work experience placements are aimed to give students an insight in to their chosen career; you will be assigned to shadow a member of staff throughout your placement observing them completing their day to day tasks.
Can anyone access work experience?
To access work experience you must be enrolled with one of our local schools or colleges.
Clinical work experience is for 16+
Do I get any pay or travel expenses while on Placement?
All placements are non- paid.
The trust does not contribute towards lunch or travel expenses.
How to Apply
To be considered for a placement with the Trust, please send an email outlining your career aspirations to: email@example.com